Nature’s ambush: new research shows pregnancy more likely from single act of unprotected intercourse than previously believed
Lead research Professor Allen Wilcox from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences in Durham, North Carolina, said: “There apparently are biological factors promoting intercourse during a woman’s six fertile days, whether she wants a baby or not."
It suggests that couples who ‘take a chance’ with unprotected intercourse have the deck stacked against them. Intercourse apparently does not happen randomly. It’s more likely to occur on the fertile days, even though the average woman won’t know when these days are.
For whatever reasons (and we don’t yet understand the biological reasons behind this) a woman who engages in a single act of unprotected intercourse is more likely to get pregnant than was previously believed.
He said: “It’s not uncommon for a doctor to hear from an unhappily pregnant patient that she and her partner had taken a chance ‘just this once’. It may be easy to dismiss such claims, but our data suggest these women are probably telling the truth.”
Full story: brightsurf.com
Stock Photo credit: tracywade
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Infertility Cleanse: Detox, Diet and Dharma for Fertility
by Tami Quinn and Beth Heller
-- Women who are trying to conceive will find a holistic approach in this hands-on manual.
Step-by-step guidelines help implement a three-part program — of yoga, hypoallergenic and anti-inflammatory nutrition, and stress-reduction techniques — to cleanse the body, mind, and spirit in preparation for pregnancy.
In addition, this program draws on cleansing methods from traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda and has been specifically designed for women who are trying naturally or with assisted-reproduction plans.
Also based on new clinical research that suggests that gut health, chronic inflammation, and environmental toxins may be root causes of infertility, this important book offers all women a natural, holistic approach to readying the womb for a child.
Paperback: 192 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Infertility Cleanse - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading The Infertility Cleanse on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!