Research has shown that up to a third of couples struggle to conceive - so what can people do to increase their fertility?
Nutritionist Yvonne Bishop-Weston gives her advice on the best foods that help to make you fertile.
1. Eat organic - We don't yet know what the impact may be of untested combinations of pesticides and food additives on fertility.
2. Go up-to-8-a-day - Five handfuls of veg and three pieces of fruit a day in a variety of colours such as red, purple, orange and dark green help to top up antioxidant levels which may help protect the genetic material in the egg and sperm.
3. Phyto-estrogens for hormone balance - These plant-based hormone balancers help to prevent imbalances between oestrogen and progesterone which may lead to fertility problems and early miscarriage.
4. Cut out the fertility hinderers - Two of the most important things to remove from your diet are alcohol and caffeine.
5. Get prepared - It's also a good idea to reduce the foods and drinks that you can't eat during pregnancy before you fall pregnant so that you're fully prepared and don't need to worry if you had something early on which is better avoided.
6. Essential fats - These fats support male and female fertility and hormonal balance and also help the baby's brain, nervous system and eyes to develop once pregnant.
7. Algae - Algae is a true super-food as it contains a vast array of nutrients, essential fats and amino acids in a totally natural and easy to absorb form.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
by Lisa Olsen
-- A 279-page, instantly downloadable e-book presenting a 5-step, sure-fire, 100% guaranteed, clinically proven holistic and ancient Chinese system for permanently reversing your infertility and your partner's infertility disorders and getting pregnant quickly, naturally and safely within 2-4 months without drugs, dangerous surgeries, side effects, or expensive infertility treatments.
It's probably the most powerful infertility reversal system ever developed, and currently the best-selling e-book of its kind on the entire Web!
Here's what the author Lisa Olson had to say about her incredible program:
After 14 years of trial, error and experimentation, I finally discovered the answer to infertility and developed a fool-proof system to getting pregnant the natural way - no drugs, or surgery necessary.
It took a lot of research to get to where I am today, to know exactly what works and what doesn't. Yes, after desperate trial and error, countless of useless treatments, disappointments and agony, a simple holistic system opened the door to my new and much brighter life of motherhood.
I was also excited to see that my other infertility related symptoms had diminished. After years of waiting I was finally free from Infertility! I have become a proud mother of two.
"And now I'm finally revealing my secrets in this new 'encyclopedia' of pregnancy called, Pregnancy Miracle."
"I will be your own personal coach, take you by the hand, and lead you through the lousy advice, hype and gimmicks... and directly to the sort of inner balance perfection that will end your battle with infertility forever and help you become a proud mother of your healthy children."
Click to order/for more info on this helpful program:
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!