A woman's fertility decreases with age, but there are game-changing factors that can help women get pregnant and stay pregnant.
It's all about bottles, toys and boys for first-time mom Laurie Elpers. Even though her time is divided by two, she has one word to describe life after twins - busy.
Elpers thought this may never happen. She and her husband tried everything to get pregnant - she even suffered one miscarriage.
"Twenty-five percent of pregnancies at least end in miscarriage and the risk of miscarriage increases with age," said Dr. Sanjay Agarwal with the Department of Reproductive Medicine at the University of California, San Diego.
"Women, for example, that are over 40 have a one in three chance of miscarriage or 30 percent or more higher chance of pregnancy loss," explained Agarwal.
Once you know your risks, there are four fertility game-changers to boost your chances of getting and staying pregnant.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The 100 Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy:
The Surprising Unbiased Truth about Foods You Should be Eating During Pregnancy but Probably Aren't
by Jonny Bowden Ph.D. C.N.S., Allison Tannis MS
-- Eat the best foods for your baby’s development!
Nutrition is never more critical than during pregnancy. What you choose to put on your plate affects you and your baby’s health not just in utero but for years to come.
However, many nutritional guidelines for pregnancy are complex, confusing, and offer an uninspiring list of things to eat for the next nine months.
Backed up by the latest nutritional research, this guide debunks pregnancy food myths and uncovers a number of surprising food choices that are superfoods for expectant mothers.
This one-of-a-kind nutrition reference guide is also packed with helpful quick-reference charts and sidebars, highlighting healthy (but no less delicious!) substitutes for commonly craved foods like ice cream and potato chips.
You’ll also discover the most up-to-date research regarding pregnancy dilemmas, such as how to get more omega-3s from fish in your diet while avoiding mercury. It’s pregnancy nutrition made easy!
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info:
The 100 Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy
-- Start reading The 100 Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!