Turns out that women aren’t the only ones who should be hearing the tick tock of their fertility winding down.
According to a number of recent studies, men have a biological clock too.
Unlike women, who experience a sudden drop in estrogen production, as men age their testosterone levels steadily decrease, contributing to rising incidents of everything from diabetes to infertility.
The rate of decline is about one percent per year beginning in the thirties.
Low levels of testosterone affect as many as 4 million American men, which can lead to emotional irritability, depression, loss of muscle mass and bone mineral density, and decreased energy and libido.
Stock Photo credit: LotusHead
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story
by Sara Connell
-- In February 2011, 61-year-old Kristine Casey delivered the greatest gift of all to her daughter, Sara Connell: Sara’s son, Finnean.
At that moment, Kristine—the gestational carrier of Sara and her husband Bill’s child—became the oldest woman ever to give birth in Chicago.
Bringing in Finn is the incredible story of one woman’s hard-fought and often painful journey to motherhood.
In this achingly honest memoir, Connell recounts the tragedy and heartbreak of losing pregnancies; the process of opening her heart and mind to the idea of her 61-year-old mother carrying her child for her; and the profound bond that blossomed between mother and daughter as a result of their unique experience together.
Moving, inspiring, and ultimately triumphant, Bringing in Finn is an extraordinary tale of despair, hope, forgiveness, and redemption—and the discovery that when it comes to unconditional love, there are no limits to what can be achieved.
Hardcover: 336 pages - Click to order/for more info: Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story on your Kindle in under a minute! US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!