Contrary to current thinking, children of older mothers do not appear to be at increased risk of diseases later in life, according to a new study.
The results show people born to women 35 to 44 years old were no less healthy in their 40s and 50s than those whose mothers were 25 to 34 when giving birth.
In fact, the study found those born to younger mothers - ages 20-24 - were at a greater risk of diseases than those born to women ages 25-34.
The biggest factors that the research linked to the eventual health of children were the mother's education level and the number of years she lived after giving birth to them.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Pregnancy Over 40:
An In-depth Guide for a Safe and Healthy Pregnancy Over 40
by Kelley D Smith
-- There are a lot of reasons why women put off having children. In most cases, they prioritized their careers over their own personal life.
Others were just simply not ready for the commitment that motherhood demands. Becoming a mother is one of the most fulfilling jobs that everyone would be lucky enough to go through during their entire lifetime.
The problem is that despite the fact that this is seen by some as a gift, there are also others that see it as a tiring job – fulfilling but at some point, it can take a lot out of you.
The fact is that getting pregnant in your 40’s is no easy task. The probability of conceiving alone is quite low in comparison to women who are in their 20’s or early 30’s.
But this does not mean that a woman in her 40’s cannot bear a child. If you are in your 40’s and have found out that you are pregnant, there are a lot of things that you should prepare for.
Although there are a lot of articles and other written works that say that getting pregnant in your 40’s can lead to a lot of problems for both you and your child, there are still a couple of upsides to this situation.
We have an entire chapter dedicated to what you can look forward to when you are having a baby during this delicate age.
Paperback: 54 pages (Large Print) - Click to order/for more info: Pregnancy Over 40
-- Start reading Pregnancy Over 40 on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!