For couples trying to conceive using the in-vitro fertilization technique, a new study suggests that using frozen embryos rather than the fresh embryos increased the probability of having a healthier pregnancy and welcoming a baby.
Scientists of the University of Aberdeen including Dr. Abha Maheshwari, studied the data gathered from 11 international studies including 37, 000 IVF pregnancies. They studied both the pregnancy cases where fresh embryos were implanted into the mother’s womb and those where the embryos were frozen.
The researchers found that using stored embryos reduced the risk of bleeding during pregnancy, premature birth, and giving birth to underweight baby by a third. The risk of the baby passing away closer to the end of the pregnancy was also reduced by one fifth.
Photo credit: growingyourbaby.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Everything Fertility Book: All you need to know about fertility, conception, and a healthy pregnancy
by Nicole Galan
-- Infertility can be a frustrating and heartbreaking disorder compounded by complicated treatments and so-called miracle cures on the market.
But couples who have trouble conceiving need all their options laid out in one convenient guide.
In this book, you'll find the medical and holistic information you need to conceive and bear a happy, healthy child.
With this authoritative and friendly guide, getting pregnant doesn't have to be a stressful process.
Armed with knowledge and reassurance, you will be ready to make the choices that work best for you and start you family, today.
Paperback: 304 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Everything Fertility Book
-- Start reading The Everything Fertility Book on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!