British scientists at Newcastle University have just released information on a new technique they have created that will impact the world of infertility treatment.
Their original research goal was to prevent children from getting inherited medical disorders.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The technique as described by the British researchers was to "prevent diseases by altering human embryos, which are the product of two mothers and one father."
Researchers had been working with a woman who had mitochondrial disease which she passed to her daughter.
The researchers determined that they could, "prevent the passing of mitochondrial disease in a child by extracting nuclear DNA from a mother with mitochondrial disease and a father, then injecting that DNA into a donor egg from a woman without mitochondrial disease."
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!