In the interview with Julie Menin for her Give and Take program, Dr. David says most fertility problems can be explained, and often the explanation – and the fix – is very simple and does not require more complicated measures such as IVF. “I don’t believe in unexplained infertility,” says David.
Some of the most common possible reasons for infertility:
· the woman runs or exercises too much
· the man takes tub baths or Jacuzzi
· infections in the man
· mild and therefore undetected infections in the woman
· sperm antibodies, in which the man could be allergic to his own sperm or the woman could be allergic to sperm
· underweight and overweight women
· environmental issues such as hormones in red meat, pesticides, chemicals in makeup; any of these might have an effect, and often more profoundly on men’s sperm
Dr. David says it’s up to a woman’s doctor to play medical detective to determine what’s wrong. “You really have to delve into it in great detail,” he says.
Here is a link to the video: http://juliemenin.com/2009/07/dr-sami-david-part-i/.
Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope & inspiration!
Stories of Pregnancy over 44 years old - sharing stories I find online, for inspiration!
Recent Keyword Searches: how old is too old to be pregnant, dhea fertility success stories, how to get pregnant at 41, can women conceive at age 46, chances of a 43 year old woman getting pregnant for the first time