A new study presented this week at the Radiological Society of North America conference in Chicago showed that a minimally invasive surgical procedure may help restore male fertility.
Some experts believe that male infertility is commonly caused by the formation of varicose veins in the testicle, called varicoceles.
These are a tangled network of blood vessels which form due to blood circulation problems.
They are believed to be relatively common with around 10-15 per cent of men being affected. In many cases they cause no adverse effects, however it is thought they may allow warm blood to pool in the testicle, increasing the scrotum temperature and reducing sperm count and motility.
Full article: bionews.org.uk
Photo credit: GrampArt in Love, by TedsBlog / Ted Johnson, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant: The Complete Guide to All the Technologies for Couples Facing Fertility Problems
by Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin
-- Infertility can be a couple's biggest nightmare, and for many of them, technology is the only place to turn for a chance at successfully conceiving their own child.
In What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant, world-renowned fertility expert Dr. Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin—a journalist who conceived twin girls through in vitro fertilization — walk readers step-by-step through the intricate process of having a baby using the latest technologies, sharing insider information on all possible procedures, how to choose the right doctor, what questions to ask, and how to live a healthy "fertile" lifestyle to increase the chances of success.
For the first time, readers will have access to detailed information on the very latest scientific advances in the field, including pre-screening for genetic diseases, gender-choosing, and pre-selecting desirable traits for children.
Paperback: 288 pages - Click to order/for more info: What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!
Category: Male Fertility