|Life size model of baby at 8 weeks after conception|
Fertility clinics usually study newly fertilized embryos under a microscope to determine if they are developing in a normal way and to see which seem the most likely to successfully implant.
Emre Seli and his team have developed a more advanced method of analyzing which embryos are healthy by studying cell metabolism
Read more: Bionews.org.uk
Photo credit: Life size model of baby at 8 weeks after conception, by Bill Davenport (lumix2004) on Free Images
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
A Matter of Trust: The Guide to Gestational Surrogacy
by Gail Dutton
-- Published in 1997, this book is a step-by-step guide to surrogate parenting.
It discusses finding and working with a surrogate, what a surrogate program provides, what to include in the contracts, recommended testing for potential surrogates, detailed costs for each item related to surrogacy, the medical procedure, medications and their side effects, embryo cryo-preservation, demographics of surrogates and surrogate couples and the effects of surrogacy upon children.
One chapter outlines the laws in U.S. states and in Israel, South Africa, Canada, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, France, Switzerland, New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Russia. Jewish law also is discussed, along with the views of several Christian denominations and other religions regarding surrogacy.
Paperback: 239 pages
Click to order/for more info: A Matter of Trust
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!