Herbs like Wild Yam and Vitex have been found to encourage ovulation, but only if you have the imbalance known as kidney yang vacuity (which includes luteal phase defect and low progesterone levels,) according to the pattern differentiation of Chinese medicine.
If you are deficient in yin energies (like estrogen), taking wild yam and/or vitex will make your scenario worse.
Yin deficiency symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, dry eyes, mouth, vagina, lack of cervical mucus, etc. Herbs like angelica and asparagi would be appropriate here to restore reproductive balance.
Yang deficiency symptoms include low back pain, cold hands and feet, nighttime urination, low libido, etc. Herbs like Vitex and wild yam will help this scenario restore endocrine health.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Murphy Lives Here
by Dr. Merryl J. Polak
-- Initially apprehensive about becoming a mother, Emma mapped out her life plans steered by fulfillment of a happy marriage and career.
She thought she might one day feel ready and willing to add the role of mother to her life’s responsibilities, but she had not quite figured out when that would occur.
When Emma's biological clock smacked her upside the head and she suddenly craved motherhood over every other aspect of life, she was stunned to discover that she could not get pregnant.
After a year of ovulation test kits and timed baby making under her belt, it was inevitable that other avenues needed exploration.
After pursuing every option, including adoption, Emma learned that becoming a parent was not as simple a process as she had always envisioned.
Paperback: 226 pages - Click to order/for more info: Murphy Lives Here - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Murphy Lives Here on your Kindle in under a minute! US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!