The price is going up for women to donate their own eggs to help other women have children, and demands for so-called "designer babies" may be on the increase as well.
Egg donation is an often painful procedure requiring a series of hormone shots, many doctor's visits, and dozens of tests.
Ads are tucked in campus newspapers across the country that say "help create a family," and "egg donors wanted -- earn up to 20,000."
Stock Photo credit: Nota
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Making a Baby: Everything You Need to Know to Get Pregnant
by Debra Fulghum Bruce, Samuel Thatcher, Britt Berg
-- You may have waited a long time. You may have tried and tried. Now your chances of having a baby are better than ever!
For ten years, Making a Baby has been the definitive source for couples who want to get pregnant, offering vital information on fertility technology, advances in baby-boosting medications, and cutting-edge medical techniques.
Written with compassion and clarity, and now with even more tips on the best ways to prepare the body to get pregnant, this invaluable book, in a newly revised and updated edition, reveals how to protect, increase, and extend your fertility.
This detailed, insightful, and meticulously researched book will help guide you to a wonderful new beginning as a parent!
Paperback: 416 pages - Click to order/for more info: Making a Baby - US | Canada | UK
Hardcover - Click to order/for more info: Making a Baby - US | UK
-- Start reading Making a Baby on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | Canada
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!