There is no reason why a healthy woman over the age of 40, who is having regular periods and who is otherwise in excellent health, should not be able to have a baby.
These women should be encouraged, not discouraged, especially since they will undoubtedly provide the strong foundations that a child needs in order to develop into a delightful young person.
There are too many children in the world who are unwanted and unloved - often born to young parents - so maybe all the people who are opposed to older parents should refocus their sights on those neglected children.
-- Brian MB ChB, PhD, FRCOG, UK
I learned that although scientific studies indicate that fertility takes a dip around age 35 and a larger dip around age 39, every day nearly 1200 babies are born to American mothers between 35 and 44. I found this to be another encouraging piece of information.
"The popular misconception that a woman's fertility suddenly drops off the edge of a cliff when she reaches 35 is greatly exaggerated."
-- Spokeswoman for the Family Planning Association
Last week a reporter queried me on a quote a reproductive endocrinologist gave her: “2/3 of women over the age of 35 require medical intervention in order to conceive.”
These attitudes are not only wrong, they are downright harmful.
Keep in mind there is a large financial incentive for you to believe these demoralizing prognoses – reproductive medicine is an ever growing multi billion dollar per year cash industry, whose financial rewards grow exponentially when you submit to the belief that your only chance of becoming a parent is through medical intervention.
They make no money when you conceive on your own. They make maximum profit when multiple women are involved in helping you achieve a pregnancy at all costs.
-- Randine Lewis, author of Infertility Cure
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies
by Randine Lewis
-- Infertility affects one out of six couples today.
Dr. Lewis presents a groundbreaking alternative approach to infertility, explaining how she used traditional Chinese medicine to treat her own infertility, successfully conceiving and giving birth to two children.
In Lewis's experience, women who have undergone three to six months of the dietary changes, herbs and acupuncture treatments become pregnant with no further effort.
Lewis intersperses her somewhat technical examination of the program with anecdotes about her patients, weaving in discussions on diet, herbal supplements, acupuncture, older women and problems related to infertility.
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Infertility Cure
US | Canada | UK
Hardcover: 240 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Infertility Cure
US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!