Found on the BabyCenter board:
From a Chinese perspective, the main causes of male infertility fall under two broad categories:
1. deficiency of the Kidneys (KiYi- or Ki Yan-) or the Spleen (Sp QI-) or
2. excess of stasis, stagnation or damp heat (DH) in the pelvic organs.
Even when symptoms indicate patterns of damp heat, Qi stagnation and Blood stasis, they are usually superimposed upon or even caused by Kidney deficiency.
To improve poor morphology and decrease high levels of oxidants in the seminal fluid:
• Take antioxidants and superantioxidants like Pycnogenol - 125 milligrams per day from various sources.
• Invigorate the Blood with Blood movers.
The plasma membrane of human sperm contains high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, making it extremely susceptible to damage by free radicals, which can lead to lower motility and poor morphology. Adding unsaturated fatty acids like those found in sesame, almonds, flaxseed, hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, walnuts, olives, avocados, soybeans, and quinoa as well as Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil to the diet can improve sperm integrity.
.........to prevent further free-radical damage to developing sperm, the following nutritional supplementation should be used by most, if not all, men.
• Vitamin C: 2,000 milligrams per day, in divided doses
• Vitamin E: 800 international units per day
• Beta-carotene: 100,000 international units per day
• Selenium: 200 micrograms per day
Other important nutritional supplements include:
• Zinc: 60 milligrams per day (sperm production and testosterone metabolism)
• Vitamin B12: 1,000 milligrams per day (replication of cells)
• L-arginine: 2 to 4 grams per day (promotes cell replication)
• L-carnitine: 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams per day (assists motility)
One of the most potent bio-active antioxidant sources pycnogenol, is made from pine bark extract, red wine extract, grape seed extract and bilberry extract. Pycnogenol also enhances the effects of other antioxidants.
Stock Photo credit: Easy Sunday morning in Soller - Mallorca by Guenter M. Kirchweger (redfloor) from Free Images
All rights reserved
NOTE: This article is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this article and linkages to other sites, I provide general information for educational purposes only. The information provided in this article, or through linkages to other sites, is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider. I am not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this article.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Way of the Fertile Soul:
Ten Ancient Chinese Secrets to Tap into a Woman's Creative Potential
by Randine Lewis
Being fertile and fruitful can mean giving birth to a child -- but to have a fertile soul means to give birth to the true self a woman wants to be: to live a life filled with passion, strength, joy, and adventure.
In The Way of the Fertile Soul, Dr. Randine Lewis outlines ten ancient Chinese medical and Taoist "secrets" that hold the little-known key to successfully conceiving babies, new dreams, and a fulfilling life for women at any phase in their lives.
The Way of the Fertile Soul encourages women to strive toward health, abundance, and a fruitful, joyous approach to life.
By using diagnostic questionnaires, qi gong exercises, and guided meditations to help the reader understand how the elements of nature express themselves in her body, mind, and spirit, The Way of the Fertile Soul provides the tools to greatly increase a woman's chance of conceiving, identify imbalances, reduce stress, increase energy, and uncover her intrinsic creativity and express it fully.
Paperback: 240 pages
Click to order/for more info: The Way of the Fertile Soul
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading The Way of the Fertile Soul on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!