The road to conception can be very smooth for some couples, while others find that it can take years before they are able to become pregnant. While there are many factors that can affect successful conception, understanding some basic things can make your journey easier. If you are trying to conceive, here are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Know Your Monthly Cycle. One of the best ways to increase your chances of becoming pregnant is to understand how your monthly cycle works. Every woman is different and in some cases, every cycle is different. Before you conceive, take a few months to chart your cycle from beginning to end. Keep track of the first day of your period and when you ovulate.
This information will help you determine when you are most fertile and when you should be scheduling intercourse. It may not be very romantic to schedule it in, but if you do want to conceive, you have to be able to take advantage of that window of opportunity when it arrives.
2. Predict Your Monthly Ovulation. In order to find that window of opportunity, you have to know when you ovulate. There is a period of five days within each cycle that you are at your most fertile. The three days preceding ovulation and the day following ovulation. Once you know when this occurs, you can greatly increase the likelihood of fertilization.
Remember that once an egg is released from an ovary, it only has a period of 24 hours when it remains viable. It is vital to make sure that you are having intercourse as close to the date that you ovulate as possible. While you can become pregnant at any time during those five days, it is best to try to time your ovulation and intercourse as closely as possible.
3. Get Healthy Ahead of Time. In order to be at your most fertile, you need to take care of yourself. Start taking prenatal vitamins ahead of time and have yourself looked over by a doctor. If you have noticed any irregularities with your monthly cycles, talk to them about it now. If you have questions about ovulation or learning more about your body, it is important to have these questions answered ahead of time.
Get plenty of rest and practice a healthy lifestyle. Try to remove stress from your life and take good care of your body. You'll be asking it to undergo a great task over the next nine months and you owe it to yourself and your future child to be as healthy as possible.
Successful conception doesn't have to be difficult. Although it can take a healthy couple a year to conceive naturally, by paying attention to this advice, you can increase your chances of becoming pregnant in less time. Remember, if you don't conceive right away, don't get disheartened. Just keep trying and barring any fertility issues you should be able to conceive a happy and healthy baby.
Photo credit: planmybaby.com
All rights reserved
Get your FREE Healthy Pregnancy Guide! For a limited time only, they are giving away their 30 - Quality Paged Healthy Pregnancy Guide (retailing at $37), which is guaranteed to help you get started on having the best and healthiest pregnancy. Don't you and your future baby deserve the best?
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Plan My Baby™
by Alicia Pennington
-- As a parent myself and as a previous midwife, I know how important the sex of a child can be to many couples. 4 girls in a row... hoping the next will be a boy. Hoping for 2 children, one of each. Does any of this sound familiar?
While many parents will be happy with either gender, some are desperately searching for methods to influence whether their child will be a boy or a girl.
If you haven’t already ordered a copy of my book, “Prince or Princess- Steps Towards Choosing your Baby’s Gender Before Conception,” now is the time!
In this easy to read book, you will learn the 5 easy steps you can take to influence the gender of your child before conception. With a 94% success rate, what do you have to lose?
Click to order/for more info: Plan My Baby™
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!