According to a new study, any type of infertility treatment increases the risk of pregnancy complications. Dr. Hayashi of Nippon Medical School, Tokyo and colleagues published the results of a large study online on July 3 in the journal Fertility and Sterility
The researchers compared obstetric and perinatal outcomes of singleton pregnancies conceived with different types of assisted reproductive technology (ART) procedures with those of naturally conceived pregnancies.
They reviewed data on more than 242,000 women; they identified 4,111 who received ovulation stimulation medications such as clomiphene citrate (Clomid), 2,351 who underwent intrauterine insemination (IUI) without ovulation stimulation medications, and 4,570 who underwent in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer (IVF-ET).
Photo credit: emaxhealth.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Belated Baby: A Guide to Parenting After Infertility
by Kelly James-Enger and Jill S. Browning
-- Infertility is a mind-set and that every woman who experiences infertility is forever changed, even when she eventually has the child she yearned for.
When many women who have gone through fertility treatments describe their experience, they say it "abused their soul."
The experience may have also hurt their relationship with their husband and sometimes permanently altered relationships with their extended families.
Studies show that even after the desperation of infertility subsides, emotional wounds still fester and an asterisk accompanies her bundle of joy.
Paperback: 242 pages - Click to order/for more info:
The Belated Baby
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!