Aspartame (NutraSweet) appears to cause slow, silent damage in those unfortunate enough to not have immediate reactions and a reason to avoid it.
It may take one year, five years, 10 years, or 40 years, but it seems to cause some reversible and some irreversible changes in health over long-term use:
- The testing of sucralose reveals that it can cause up to 40 percent shrinkage of the thymus: a gland that is the very foundation of our immune system.
- In Aspartame Murders Infants he said: "At every point in the fertility process aspartame (NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful/Canderal/Benevia, etc.) destroys.
....It ruins female sexual response and induces male sexual dysfunction. Beyond this, aspartame disrupts fetal development by aborting it or inducing defects. And if a live child is born aspartame may have heinously damaged the DNA of the baby cursing future generation."
- The FDA has received over 5,500 complaints against Aspartame (NutraSweet), which was legalized amid controversy regarding the capacity of this substance to alter brain hormone balances; some 9% of the complaints today involve serious neurological effects, including seizures.
- In a simple word you would just as soon have DDT in your food as Splenda, because sucralose is a chlorocarbon. The chlorocarbons have long been famous for causing organ, genetic, and reproductive damage.
It should be no surprise, therefore, that the testing of sucralose, even at less than the level demanded by FDA rules, reveals that it has been shown to cause up to 40% shrinkage of the thymus: A gland that is the very foundation of our immune system.
Full article: Shirleys-Wellness-Cafe.com
Photo credit: Sweet Still Life by Andrew Morrell Photography, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
I Never Held You: Miscarriage, Grief, Healing and Recovery
by Ellen M. DuBois
-- Speaks to the heart of women, their families and friends who have either lived through the pain and grief after pregnancy loss, or who want to better support someone who has.
Author Ellen M. DuBois shares her own painful journey after loss taking you from her darkest moments of grief, despair, isolation, anxiety, fear and depression to the steps she took towards healing and recovery.
Her suggestions prove to be helpful in balancing the emotional peaks and valleys after suffering such a heartbreaking loss.
I Never Held You validates your grief after losing a baby to loss, and assures you that you're not alone in your struggle.
With the help of contributing author Dr. Linda Backman, Ed.D., licensed grief counselor, psychologist and author, you'll come to better understand grief - and why it's so important to allow yourself the time necessary to heal.
Paperback: 150 pages
Click to order/for more info: I Never Held You
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Start reading I Never Held You on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US/Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle?
Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!