New research indicates that women who become pregnant with donated eggs are more likely to suffer miscarriages and dangerous high blood pressure than those who undergo fertility treatments with their own eggs.
In a study presented Tuesday at the annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, South Korean scientists reported that the risk was even higher if the donated egg came from a woman who was not related to the patient.
Experts believe the greater risks are due to the fact that donated eggs, like transplanted organs or tissue, are not genetically identical to the recipient and probably awaken the immune system.
The placenta formed after egg donation may have more foreign elements and trigger abnormal responses from the mother, which could results in complications, such as miscarriages or high blood pressure.
Full article: Donated eggs may increase miscarriage risk
Stock Photo credit: naneki
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Making a Baby: Everything You Need to Know to Get Pregnant
by Debra Fulghum Bruce, Samuel Thatcher, Britt Berg
-- You may have waited a long time. You may have tried and tried. Now your chances of having a baby are better than ever!
For ten years, Making a Baby has been the definitive source for couples who want to get pregnant, offering vital information on fertility technology, advances in baby-boosting medications, and cutting-edge medical techniques.
Written with compassion and clarity, and now with even more tips on the best ways to prepare the body to get pregnant, this invaluable book, in a newly revised and updated edition, reveals how to protect, increase, and extend your fertility.
This detailed, insightful, and meticulously researched book will help guide you to a wonderful new beginning as a parent!
Paperback: 416 pages - Click to order/for more info: Making a Baby - US | Canada | UK
Hardcover - Click to order/for more info: Making a Baby - US | UK
-- Start reading Making a Baby on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | Canada
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!