Women in their early 40s are getting pregnant more often.
A government report released on Wednesday shows pregnancy rates among women in their early 20s falling nearly 18 percent from 1990 to 2008. But pregnancies among older women rose far more dramatically: rates for women ages 40 to 44 went up nearly 65 percent. There were just 11.4 pregnancies per 1,000 women in that age group in 1990, compared with 18.8 in 2008.
Women in their 20s may be delaying pregnancy, but older women seem to be picking up the slack. Rates for women ages 35 to 39 rose, too, to 78.5 births per 1,000 women in 2008 from 67.5 in 2000, and a similar increase (from 2000 to 2008) can be seen among women 30 to 34.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss
by Jennifer Saake
-- In this warm and well-researched guide, author and caregiver Barbara Deane deals comprehensively with the many challenges of caring for an aging parent or relative.
By combining insights gleaned from her own experiences, interviews with experts, testimonial from other struggling caregivers, and helpful reference lists, Deane furnishes the emotional support and practical advice caregivers need to provide good care-and keep from burning out in the process.
Jennifer Saake and her husband, Rick, are the founders of Hannah's Prayer Ministries (www.hannah.org), a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help women who are infertile or have suffered pregnancy loss or adoption loss.
Since their infertility battle began in 1992, the Saakes have lost ten children via pregnancy losses and failed adoption attempts and have been blessed with two living miracles.
Paperback: 224 pages
Click to read more
-- Start reading Hannah's Hope on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!