Natural treatments for fibroids tend to be much safer compared to conventional medication as they cause little or no side effects. This is because, unlike conventional medication, natural treatments do not interfere with your body's internal mechanism. If you are looking for natural remedies for your uterine fibroids, these are some of the options available to you:
• Herbs - Using herbal treatment for your fibroids helps in balancing the hormonal activity and strengthening the liver, thereby reducing estrogen levels in the uterus. Herbs also help in dealing with difficulties like heavy bleeding and excruciating cramps. Herbs like vitex, help in lowering estrogen level, while herbs like dandelion root and milk thistle, help in improving liver function. Other herbs like nettle and yellow dock work towards detoxification of the body and help to regulate the heavy bleeding caused due to fibroids.
• Proper Diet - This is possibly the most fundamental treatment among all the natural remedies for uterine fibroids. A diet rich in saturated fats will cause your liver to be dysfunctional and subsequently increase estrogen levels and cause hormonal imbalances. A recommended diet would be one which is low fat and high fiber. Therefore, foods like oats, millet and brown rice, fish, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and soy are advisable. It is safe to avoid dairy products in general. The key factors to ensure are that firstly, your diet is mainly alkaline-forming so as to balance the acidic content in your body and secondly, the food you eat does not overwork your digestive system.
• Aromatherapy - Aromatherapy uses essential oils to increase circulation in and around the pelvic region. This helps in relaxing the uterine muscles and subsequently reduces abdominal cramps. The essential oils of ginger, rose and marjoram are greatly beneficial for relaxing the body, stimulating circulation and balancing the hormones. These essential oils may also be used in therapies like abdominal compresses.
• Meditation - Stress has become a part and parcel of our daily lives. For women, stress can prove to be a catalyst for uterine fibroids. Stress increases blood pressure and causes hormone levels to be erratic, thus aggravating the growth of uterine fibroids. Meditation can go a long way in relaxing the body and calming the mind. It also helps you to deal better with the complications that fibroids entail. While meditating, it is important to inhale and exhale slowly through your nostrils only.
• Exercise - Exercises like aerobic dancing, brisk walking, cycling and running help to reduce stress and blood pressure. Exercises also help in stimulating a healthy blood circulation and relieving muscle tension. This greatly relieves sufferers from abdominal pain associated with menstruation and fibroids. It is advisable to avoid participating in sports like basketball and tennis as they tend to increase the stress levels and, thus, enhance the growth of fibroids.
When using natural remedies for uterine fibroids, it is advisable to utilize a combination of remedies for a wholesome approach to the problem. Thus complementing a proper diet with meditation and exercise will help in dealing with the condition holistically. Holistic treatments work towards strengthening your body from within and thereby equipping your body with the force it needs to fight diseases in general and fibroids in particular. Natural remedies require some dedication and patience. It is important to remember, however, that persistently following these treatments will help in curing the fibroids permanently and prevent the condition from occurring in future.
This article is based on the book, "Fibroids Miracle" by Amanda Leto. Amanda is an author, researcher, nutritionist and health consultant who dedicated her life to creating the ultimate Fibroids solution guaranteed to permanently reverse the root of uterine fibroids, naturally enhance your fertility and dramatically improve the overall quality of your life, without the use prescription medication and without any surgical procedures. Learn more by visiting her website.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
by Amanda Leto
Are you struggling to get rid of your uterine fibroids? Are you frustrated, in pain, or feeling anxious for not being able to properly cure your fibroids despite all your efforts? Are you experiencing irregular periods, pain in your lower abdomen or bloating? Are you afraid of not being able to have children?
If you answered yes, then let me tell you that I know exactly how you feel, because I personally had gone through the same experience years ago. I have battled with my uterine fibroids for more than a decade until I have finally found a cure and eliminated my fibroids and got pregnant twice.
You're about to discover what might be the most powerful Uterine Fibroids Cure system ever developed. It's the same system thousands of women, just like you, used to permanently reverse their Uterine Fibroids and improve their fertility and the quality of their lives.
Click to order / read more: Fibroids Miracle
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!