Can alternative medicine help you get pregnant?
Maybe. But some therapies are a lot more promising than others. Here, the lowdown on five complementary treatments.
By the time Suzanne Dubrow, 40, turned to alternative medicine to help her get pregnant, she felt she’d hit a seemingly unscaleable wall in her efforts to become a mother.
After several rounds of intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) and two miscarriages, the California journalist had been told that her “old eggs” meant she’d have to turn to donor eggs. But Dubrow didn’t agree.
She started searching the Internet for a different approach, eventually finding Randine Lewis and her Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) program for treating infertility.
“I knew that I’d found someone special and different in this horrible world [of infertility treatments],” recalls Dubrow. “Right off the bat she gave me four or five things I could do myself, which was incredibly empowering. I was just desperate to find some way to help myself to regain my fertility.”
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies
by Randine Lewis
-- Infertility affects one out of six couples today.
Dr. Lewis presents a groundbreaking alternative approach to infertility, explaining how she used traditional Chinese medicine to treat her own infertility, successfully conceiving and giving birth to two children.
In Lewis's experience, women who have undergone three to six months of the dietary changes, herbs and acupuncture treatments become pregnant with no further effort.
Lewis intersperses her somewhat technical examination of the program with anecdotes about her patients, weaving in discussions on diet, herbal supplements, acupuncture, older women and problems related to infertility.
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Infertility Cure
US | Canada | UK
Hardcover: 240 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Infertility Cure
US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!