Amazon.com lists over 11,000 items under the search term "fertility"

Time of Implantation of the Conceptus and Loss of Pregnancy

Catherine McDiarmid-Watt | Saturday, February 10, 2018 | 0 comments

Image: Periodus, by Gaboka86 on Wikimedia Commons, the free media repositoryABSTRACT

Background Implantation of the conceptus is a key step in pregnancy, but little is known about the time of implantation or the relation between the time of implantation and the outcome of pregnancy.

Results There were 199 conceptions, for 95 percent of which (189) we had sufficient data for analysis.

Of these 189 pregnancies, 141 (75 percent) lasted at least six weeks past the last menstrual period, and the remaining 48 pregnancies (25 percent) ended in early loss.

Among the pregnancies that lasted 6 weeks or more, the first appearance of chorionic gonadotropin occurred 6 to 12 days after ovulation; 118 women (84 percent) had implantation on day 8, 9, or 10. The risk of early pregnancy loss increased with later implantation.

Among the 102 conceptuses that implanted by the ninth day, 13 percent ended in early loss.

This proportion rose to 26 percent with implantation on day 10, to 52 percent on day 11, and to 82 percent after day 11.

Conclusions In most successful human pregnancies, the conceptus implants 8 to 10 days after ovulation.

The risk of early pregnancy loss increases with later implantation.

Full Text: Time of Implantation of the Conceptus and Loss of Pregnancy


TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Image: Fertility Wisdom: How Traditional Chinese Medicine Can Help Overcome In-fertility, by Angela C. Wu, Katherine Anttila, Betsy Brown. Publisher: Rodale Books; 1 edition (September 5, 2006)Fertility Wisdom: How Traditional Chinese Medicine Can Help Overcome In-fertility
-- At Wu's Healing Center in San Francisco, miracles are happening.

Women and their partners come to the clinic--often from across the country -- to fulfill a passionately held yet fragile dream: to conceive and deliver the healthy baby that mainstream doctors have told them they cannot have.

Using traditional Chinese medical techniques, sometimes integrated with Western fertility treatments, Dr. Angela Wu is helping these couples experience the miracle of birth.

At a time when one in five U.S. couples is struggling with fertility problems, this practical and uplifting volume, filled with the inspirational stories of Dr. Wu's grateful patients, will be a godsend.

Image: Buy Now on Amazon.comPaperback: 256 pages
Click to order/for more info: Fertility Wisdom: How Traditional Chinese Medicine Can Help Overcome In-fertility

Image: Buy Now on Amazon.comStart reading Fertility Wisdom on your Kindle in under a minute!

Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.







Category: , ,

Catherine

About Catherine: I am mom to three grown sons, two grandchildren and two rescue dogs. After years of raising my boys as a single mom, I remarried a wonderful man who had never had a child of his own. Unexpectedly, I found myself pregnant at 49!
Sadly we lost that precious baby at 8 weeks, and decided to try again. Five more losses, turned down for donor egg, foster care and adoption due to my age and losses - we have accepted that there will be no more babies in our house.

Find Catherine on Google+ - Circle us on Google+ - Join us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter

0 comments

WE LOVE COMMENTS!
Don't just sit there, reading this story or article - say something! Do you believe it? Do you think it is impossible? Do you wish it was you? Do you have a story to share (it might get published!)

NOTE: Comments are moderated - just to stop the spambots - and so may take up to a few hours to be approved.

Catherine reserves the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment.

Popular Posts