This plan can help many over 40 women:
• If you don't have fertile-quality cervical mucus, the sperm may only last 2 hours.
• Older men sometimes can't perform as often.
• Older men sometimes have lower sperm counts.
• The sperm needs to be there, waiting, before your egg is released. So you need to start "trying" before your OPK turns positive.
• Regular sex increases his testosterone, his sperm count, and your cervical mucus and helps ramp up your hormones, especially estrogen - getting everything working well.
The Plan - Short Version:
• "Try" every other night starting Day 8
• Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
• Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
• When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
• Skip one night, then do one last "try"
• Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
• If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
For the Detailed Version, read the full article: The Sperm Meets Egg Plan
How Sexual Frequency Affects a Woman's Sexual Responsiveness, Fertility, and Health
• The less often a woman has sex, the less she will want sex, the less she will enjoy sex, and the more difficult it will be for her to become aroused and climax.
• Women who had sex two or more times a week had the most regular cycles, women who had sex once a week were slightly less regular, celibate women were still less regular, and women who had sporadic sex, or sex less than once a week, had the most irregular cycles. A variety of hormonal differences were seen, including higher estrogen levels in the women who had regular sex.
• The benefits of the hormonal changes in those having intercourse at least twice a week include: better fertility, stronger bones, better cardiovascular health, less depression, lower incidence of fibrocystic breast disease and uterine cancer, and a decrease in menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and depression.
Full article: How Sexual Frequency Affects a Woman's Sexual Responsiveness, Fertility, and Health
Photo credit: sperm_count_recipe_ayurvedic, by kamikaze gecko, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Sperm Meets Egg Plan: Getting Pregnant Faster
by Deanna Roy
-- The Sperm Meets Egg Plan is a step-by-step guide to achieving pregnancy without taking invasive tests, charting temperatures, or making mistakes in predicting your ovulation that result in mistimed attempts at fertilization.
Designed by Deanna Roy after months of trying made her believe she had a fertility problem, the plan will help you time intercourse whether you have a typical or atypical cycle.
It includes adjustments for common fertility problems, what to do if you are over forty, and considerations for trying again after a pregnancy loss.
This booklet includes 40 pages of instruction plus a 10-page sneak peek of Deanna's book Baby Dust.
Start reading The Sperm Meets Egg Plan: Getting Pregnant Faster on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!