The test, which is known as the 'Early Embryo Viability Assessment test' (Eeva), can tell in 48 hours if an embryo is likely to survive and it's up to 85 per cent accurate.
The techology means doctors can put the strongest embryos back into patients’ wombs, therefore increasing the chances of a successful pregnancy.
Financial costs of IVF will also be lessened for those who go through repeat cycles.
Professor Charles Kingsland, lead consultant at the Hewitt Fertility Centre and consultant gynaecologist at the Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust, called it 'potentially the biggest breakthrough in IVF in the last 10 years'.
Describing the new test as 'revolutionary', he added: 'You can never predict whether someone will have a healthy baby, but what it can do is predict with 85% accuracy which embryo is likely to result in pregnancy without touching it.'
The test costs £800 for private patients, or less on the NHS if patients will pay for it themselves.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Mind-Body Fertility Connection: The True Pathway to Conception
by James Schwartz
-- Now there is new hope for the millions of women worldwide who have had difficulty trying to conceive.
The Mind-Body Fertility Connection explores the feelings, emotions and beliefs that may be blocking conception, and it provides the necessary tools to create a successful pregnancy.
By bringing together the latest scientific data and innovative mind-body techniques, this book unveils a new pathway to conception: a pathway of healing through the emotions which allows women to unblock the potential for childbearing.
This book dissects the feelings, beliefs and old emotional injuries which often create subconscious obstacles that can disrupt an otherwise healthy functioning reproductive system.
It delves into an unexplored realm that not only exposes the hidden barriers which can cause infertility but also reveals the secrets that can lead to a successful pregnancy.
The Mind-Body Fertility Connection helps women experience their fertility as a journey of empowerment and presents a fresh new perspective on how to create conception.
Paperback: 264 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Mind-Body Fertility Connection
-- Start reading The Mind-Body Fertility Connection on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!