Many will say that getting pregnant over 40 isn’t that easy. In fact, studies show that among women who do not use contraception there was a sharp decline once they reach the age of 35.
While many may believe that age is just a number, this is not necessarily true when discussing reproduction.
We often read about celebrities who’ve successfully conceived their 1st child well into their 40s. Doctors however especially fertility specialists caution us to look beyond the “glitter” of celebrity moms.
All too often, what you don’t hear is these celebrity moms have undergone some type of fertility treatment. In fact, there’s been an outcry among fertility doctors for these women to disclose that they have used technology and to help debunk the myth that waiting until you’re over 40 to get pregnant does not carry any risk.
For those who are over 40 and interesting getting pregnant, here are some tips:
1. Keep your body healthy
2. Maintain an optimum body weight
3. Take vitamin and mineral supplements
4. Avoid cigarette smoking
5. Avoid alcohol/caffeine
6. Time intercourse
Photo credit: momatlast.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Mind-Body Fertility Connection: The True Pathway to Conception
by James Schwartz
-- Now there is new hope for the millions of women worldwide who have had difficulty trying to conceive.
The Mind-Body Fertility Connection explores the feelings, emotions and beliefs that may be blocking conception, and it provides the necessary tools to create a successful pregnancy.
By bringing together the latest scientific data and innovative mind-body techniques, this book unveils a new pathway to conception: a pathway of healing through the emotions which allows women to unblock the potential for childbearing.
This book dissects the feelings, beliefs and old emotional injuries which often create subconscious obstacles that can disrupt an otherwise healthy functioning reproductive system.
It delves into an unexplored realm that not only exposes the hidden barriers which can cause infertility but also reveals the secrets that can lead to a successful pregnancy.
The Mind-Body Fertility Connection helps women experience their fertility as a journey of empowerment and presents a fresh new perspective on how to create conception.
Paperback: 264 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Mind-Body Fertility Connection
-- Start reading The Mind-Body Fertility Connection on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!