Yes, You Can Get Pregnant: The Diet That Will Improve Your Fertility Now and Into Your 40's:
Eat Liver. Yes, liver. Contrary to popular belief, liver is not the "toxic organ," rather it is the "detoxifier.” The liver helps remove impurities from one’s system, but it does not hold onto those impurities. I love liver for helping women get pregnant because it’s an amazing source of folate (the active form of folic acid), all your B vitamins, choline (a substance imperative for optimal fetal development) and loads of antioxidants like inositol (which has been shown to improve egg quality in women undergoing In Vitro Fertilization procedures). I recommend eating 3 ounces of liver per week. If you can't imagine eating liver, you can take it in pill form as recommended in my book.
Eat Eggs. Eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods that exist; especially eggs from pastured hens. They are abundant in fertility-enhancing omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin E and choline. As I mentioned when discussing liver, choline is an essential nutrient for optimal fetal development. As well, it’s imperative for young women trying to conceive to have a diet rich in choline, as during pregnancy, the body's demand for choline is the highest. I recommend women eat between 8 to 12 eggs per week. Be sure these eggs are organic and from pastured hens.
Take Cod Liver Oil. Cod liver oil is an oil from fish; however, it is different from fish oil. Both fish oil and cod liver oil are great sources of omega-3 fatty acids, however cod liver oil also contains vitamins A and D, which are fat soluble vitamins important to fertility and conception. Most people are suffering from vitamin D deficiencies these days. If this is you, then I recommend cod liver oil over fish oil. Take cod liver oil in capsule or liquid form daily--and be sure to take an amount that delivers 2,000 iu's of vitamin D.
Photo credit: aimeeraupp.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Yes, You Can Get Pregnant:
The Diet That Will Improve Your Fertility Now and Into Your 40's
by Aimee E. Raupp
-- Worried about your ability to have children in the next five years?
Have you been trying to get pregnant for a while now and it's just not happening?
Does it seem like every woman you know is having a hard time getting pregnant and you don't want that to be you when you're ready?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, Aimee's second book, Yes, You Can Get Pregnant: The Diet That Will Improve Your Fertility Now and Into Your 40's, was written for you.
Whether you're in your 20's, 30's or 40's, this book will give you all the nutritional information you need to keep your baby-making machinery in tip-top shape.
Paperback: 52 pages - Click to order/for more info: Yes, You Can Get Pregnant
-- Start reading Yes, You Can Get Pregnant on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!