HERE is breaking news; older mothers are the new normal, so as a society we need to get over it.
And we may be doing so, if the pregnancy announcement last week by one of Australia's best-known fashion designers, Collette Dinnigan, is anything to go by.
Dinnigan is 46 and four months' pregnant with her second child (her first to her new husband). Years ago, news like this would have been given at least some prominent media coverage.
Once upon a time, women over 40 having babies was unusual, even remarkable, but no longer.
Now, as birth statistics show, being an "older" mother is fast becoming the new normal. By "old" doctors mean over 35 at birth.
Photo credit: Herald Sun
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Right Time Baby: The Complete Guide to Later Motherhood and Pregnancy
by Claudia Spahr
-- There couldn't be a better time for motherhood than after you've explored some of your own dreams and ambitions.
Studies show later mothers to be more secure emotionally and financially than younger mothers and nearly a quarter of all women in the UK are now having babies after 35.
Packed full of useful tips from top medical experts, scientists and world authorities, including Dr Michel Odent and Dr Marilyn Glenville, this book is a complete guide for the woman who's lived a life before giving birth.
It covers: preparing for pregnancy and motherhood; how to improve egg quality and prolong fertility so you can get pregnant naturally; exercises, relaxation techniques, mind-body connection for conception; how to increase your chances of success at IVF; making the most of your pregnancy, month by month; ways to avoid pregnancy loss; pregnancy yoga and natural remedies for common pregnancy ailments; how to have the best birth possible; from me to mum - adjusting to lack of sleep, relationship changes and that other job; parenting secrets and concepts from around the globe to inspire new mothers; and, the latest research in neuroscience, nutrition and psychology.
Get ready to embrace the biggest, most exciting transition of your life!
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: Right Time Baby
US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Right Time Baby on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!