Eating avocados could make you pregnant! Or at least it could help women on IVF treatment to conceive, so researchers have recently claimed.
The study, carried out by Harvard researchers, has shown that monosaturated fat, prevalent in avocados, is better than any other dietary fat for would be mothers.
It showed that those who consumed the highest amounts of monsaturated fats were 3.4 times more likely to conceive than those on the lowest amounts.
The researchers think that the pro-fertility effects could be linked to a reduction of inflammation in the body.
"The best kinds of food to eat are avocados, which have a lot of monounsaturated fat and low levels of other sorts of fat," the study leader Professor Jorge Chavarro was quoted as saying.
Stock Photo credit: lockstockb
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Take Charge of Your Fertility (Teach Yourself)
by Heather Welford
-- explains everything the prospective parent may need to know as they face the physical, emotional and practical challenges of trying for a baby.
It covers health issues in full, from basic biology and an explanation of fertility and cycles to outlining what supplements are useful and what aren't, and how you can maximize your chances by following a healthy diet and cutting alcohol or nicotine intake.
There are plenty of resources and guidelines for parents facing difficulties, including a guide to the medical options, and advice on how to seek further help.
It will help couples to deal with the emotional issues faced when trying for a baby, and will also give practical information on who you should tell and who you must tell, and when.
With coverage of all aspects of very early pregnancy, from do-it-yourself tests to the very first scan, it will be a useful resource which will help all prospective parents, whether looking to start or to expand their family.
Paperback: 192 pages
Click to read more
-- Start reading Take Charge of Your Fertility on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!