Monitoring a baby’s blood oxygen level during labor does not lead to safer deliveries or fewer Caesarean sections, according to a new study.
The good news is that this will eliminate the practice, involving an invasive procedure where a sensor is inserted into the uterus to rest on the baby’s face.
The device has been deemed as “not providing any meaningful benefit to mothers or babies.”
Findings of the study will be published in The New England Journal of Medicine.
Source: The New York Times
Photo Credit: Newborn Infant by Minder
Public Domain photo: Creative Commons Deed CC0
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Enhancing Fertility: A Couple's Guide to Natural Approaches
by Chris D. Meletis and Liz Brown
-- This book is dedicated to the millions of couples who are trying to get pregnant without success.
Rather than assuming that you are infertile, you can try the many reliable natural remedies and resources in this book.
Barring physical problems beyond your control, you have the power to take charge of your health and boost your fertility.
The authors' goal is simple: to provide a clear guide to conception based on natural, safe, well-researched therapeutic approaches.
Nutritional, environmental, botanical, and physical medicines, as well as traditional Chinese medical practices and homeopathy, all offer ways to promote fertility.
Both men and women will find a wealth of helpful information on what to do-individually and together--to fully realize their fertility potential.
Even if infertility isn't a problem, and you are simply planning to get pregnant and want to deliver a healthy baby, this book will help improve your chances.
Anyone seeking to become a parent will benefit from this book's practical, time-tested wisdom.
The healthier a woman is, the greater likelihood the seed of life will find fertile soil and grow into a healthy baby.
Paperback: 202 pages - Click to order/for more info: Enhancing Fertility - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Enhancing Fertility on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!